Wednesday, February 16, 2011

abused and underused

Well, tomorrow will mark day two (count 'em, two) of subbing.  My first day subbing was Monday and it was... interesting.  The school was more diverse than I anticipated, which was fine, but considering I was in for a high school BIOLOGY teacher, I was a little nervous.  Two subjects I am not well versed in - high schoolers and science.  I must have done alright because one of the students told me I was "chill."  I used that word in junior high.  Shouldn't it be out of style by now?  Anyway, all in all, the day went fairly well.  I took notes and have set up new rules for myself as I continue to pursue my short-term career as a (chill) substitute.

That brings me to tomorrow.  A half day of teaching physical education. I will let you in on my thought process here: how have I gotten two jobs I'm totally not qualified to teach?  When I figure out the answer I will let you know.

I'm thankful for this job (and by job I mean each individual opportunity I have to sub).  Being dependent on God to provide a different job everyday is scary, unsettling, and nerve-racking; being dependent on God to provide a different job everyday is exciting, intimate, and relationship-strengthening.  So, thank you Lord, for providing me with a job tomorrow and more importantly, for teaching me to be completely dependent on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment