Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the landlord

Today I became a landlord; evicting is not my thing.

Over the past week I've noticed a slow collection of toilet paper, twigs, mud/dirt, and odd striped stringy things (I think that's the official term).  My suspicions were rising. I had a feeling my tenants were up to something fishy and I wasn't going to let it happen.  At some point I noticed it had been completely cleaned and so I thought, Good.  Now I don't have to do anything. I hate confrontation.  However, the next morning I looked outside only to find even more (sorry) crap outside.  Keep in mind this mess was (and I mean was) right outside MY door.  Anyway, I couldn't handle it anymore so I decided to finally take some action.

I had a bit of an internal struggle.  I sometimes wish I was as natural and earthy as one of my dear friends, and I contemplated whether or not she would get rid of these piles.  After all, this particular tenant eats mosquitoes and would therefore help "eradicate malaria."  I, however, being far less compassionate and earthy, waited until they were gone; believe me, I made sure they were gone.  Then I removed the scraps and said farewell to my tenants.  Here are some pictures for your reference.



And good riddance.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha. Your earthy, malaria-eradicating friend would've rid her porch of intruders. And squirrels. And mice. All things non-human attempting to inhabit the home.

    ReplyDelete