Sunday, January 2, 2011

my name is khan

I just watched a movie called My Name Is Khan and it was fantastic.  I know not everyone enjoys international films and few people think reading your movie is fun, but it is so worth it.  Very few movies portray many different views and opinions that will allow us to come to our own conclusions - we are spoon-fed ideas and expected to take them and adapt them without question.  My Name Is Khan is a film that represents all types of people; Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Republicans, Democrats, adults, children - you name it.  Regardless of our religious beliefs, we should refuse to take part in stereotyping individuals based on the way they look.  Being vulnerable is not easy, but we need to remember that opening up and taking risks is a part of life and we cannot function in community with others unless we are willing to be vulnerable.

So basically, you should watch the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment